Monday, June 29, 2009

Ouch

I hate to say it, but I think we're going to be seeing more of this.

When I clicked the link, I was expecting to see it focus exorbitant salaries in boutique treatment programs. It's a little surprising that this is happening in the program with so much public funding. The current market is rewarding programs with entrepreneurial spirits and that is a double-edged sword. It can be good because it rewards programs that respond aggressively to community need rather than waiting for someone to hand them capital. The downside is obvious, from this article. It can foster an unhealthy emphasis on financial matters that has led to the demise of many programs over the last century.

Technorati Tags: , ,


1 comment:

Lou said...

Almost more interesting than the article are the comments. It's appalling to me the dissent within the recovery community--the treatment providers and the treated. I read this newsletter, and many articles start a verbal war.

I can't help but wonder if this is some of the reason there has been little progress in changing public perception about addiction.